Food is a huge part of my life and so I thought it would be fun to share this post. I learnt a lot about healthy diets over the years and I also think I have a better relation to food than I used to have as a teen. If you want more posts like this you should check my "10 Things About Clothes I Wish I Knew As A Teen" and my "10 Things About Makeup I Wish I Knew As A Teen" posts.
1. Pasta doesn't automatically make a dish unhealthy. It's all about choosing whole wheat pasta and the right sauce.
2. Stuffing your body with unhealthy food doesn't only have an impact on your actual weight but on your lifelong health.
3. If you think you don't like this or that food you should always give it a second try - you might be surprised by how yummy it actually is! This happened to me with zucchini and avocado which now are among my favourite veggies!
4. Being on a diet doesn't mean you can't have yummy dishes!
5. Eating a single piece of chocolate will neither ruin your diet nor should it make you feel guilty... eating the whole packing however will.
6. Never go grocery shopping when you're hungry!
7. There is no need to starve in order to save calories. All you have to do is make the right choices. Instead of a small plate of rice salad you can have a huge bowl of tabbouleh salad for the same amount of calories!
8. There are times to say no to calorie bombs but you should never cancel a dinner date with friends because of your diet.
9. There are so many foods to discover so why should we eat the same things ever day, over and over again?
10. Food is fuel and you are what you eat!
What have you guys learnt about a healthy diet and which food "mistakes" do you still commit nowadays?