Don't ask me why but I have never cooked with prawns before. I have been eating them a few times and I always thought that recipes including prawns look super delicious but I really never bought or cooked with them. When shopping for the week however I saw them at the supermarket and funnily enough it was at the same supermarket where I saw a garlic prawn pasta instant meal. I thought that it can't be too hard to find a yummy recipe to make my own (way more yummy and healthy) meal so I got the prawns instead of the instant meal (here we go New Year's resolutions!). The following recipe is a mixture of recipes that I found on the Internet plus the way how I proceeded for myself.
What you'll need for 2:
- 250g spaghetti
- 200g prawns
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- parsley (and other matching herbs like dill or chives)
How to proceed:
1. Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water.
2. Meanwhile cook the prawns in a large pan with some olive oil and flavour them with salt and pepper. After a few minutes add more oil and the crushed garlic. Last add the lemon juice, tomatoes and herbs.
3. After a few minutes add the pasta and stir well.
4. Use some more herbs to garnish and serve immediately.
I think the pasta was really yummy even though I didn't use enough lemon juice and olive oil. These are the two ingredients you may have to experiment with to your liking. Of course you can also replace the lemon juice with white wine!
Have you been cooking with prawns a lot? What is your favourite prawn dish?