Ingredients for 4:
for the filling:
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon flour
for the crumbles:
80g chilled butter
75g almond paste (marzipan)
1. Peel, core and dice the apples. Put the apples and cherries in a bowl, pour the lemon juice over the fruit, and mix with the sugar.
2. Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius.
3. Now make the crumble pastry. Cut the chilled butter into little cubes and put into a bowl. Add the flour. Wash your hands and get in there: rub the butter and flour until the mix starts resembling coarse breadcrumbs. Cut the almond paste into little cubes and add the almond paste and oats to the crumble mix.
4. Drain the liquid of the fruit and mix in 1 tablespoon flour. Pour the mixture into one big ovenproof glass dish, or divide between 4 little dishes. Put the crumbles on top.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
6. Serve with vanilla custard (find the recipe on Anne's blog) or vanilla ice cream.
(You like the mini pumpkins? Find the DIY over here.)
What do you think? Is this a dessert you would like to try? Also note that you can find many recipes on Anne's blog and even download them as pdf!