2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
100g butter (at room temperature)
2 sachets vanilla sugar
10 Oreo cookies
220g sugar powder
6 Oreo cookies
How to proceed:
1. Crumble the 10 Oreos in a freezer bag.
2. Put your paper moulds on a baking sheet (best get one of those special muffin/cupcake ones) and preheat oven at 180°C.
3. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in one bowl and sugar, vanilla sugar and butter in another bowl.
4. Add the eggs to the second bowl and then alternating add the flour-mixture and milk.
5. At the very end add the crumbled Oreos and fill the paper moulds with the dough (no more than 2/3 of the paper moulds should be filled).
6. Bake the cupcakes for about 15-18 minutes.
7. Meanwhile you can prepare the butter cream by mixing all the ingredients except the Oreos.
8. When the cupcakes have cooled, fill the butter cream in an icing bag and decorate the cupcakes. Use the quartered Oreos to put on top of the butter cream. If you don't want to cut your oreos you could also buy 24 of the small ones and put them on top.
9. Put the cupcakes in the fridge for 2 hours and enjoy!
If you want your Oreo cupcakes not only to taste delicious but also look like real Oreo cupcakes you could add some cocoa to the dough and use brown or black paper moulds. Like this you will get the typical black and white Oreo look. I also saw a recipe where a whole Oreo cookie was put on the bottom of the mould before adding the dough, which looked pretty cool, too.
What is your favourite Oreo recipe? Have you been experimenting with the famous cookies or don´t you like them that much?