Whatever I do, lately I seem to be confronted with teeth all the time. Be it a commercial about a new toothpaste on TV, care advices in my favourite styling and beauty books or a 4 page article about white and healthy teeth in the newest issue of German glamour... dental hygiene is a big matter lately. And also for me the subject became important when I decided to be less lazy when it comes to caring for these little white mates in my mouth. Here are some tips I collected for those of you who agree that healthy teeth are just as important as make-up and a nice hairdo:
1. Wash you teeth twice a day, more won't be helpful but damaging.
2. Electric toothbrushes really give a better result.
3. Go to the dentist twice a year.
4. Don't forget the cleaning in between your teeth with the help of interdental brushes or dental floss.
5. Coffee, red wine, tomato sauce such as black and green tea may change the colour of your teeth so try not to eat/drink them too often. Also bananas, kiwis, oranges and spinach contain acids which may roughen your teeth if you clean them right after eating those foods. In that case better rinse your mouth with water before washing your teeth.
6. As we all know, smoking gives your teeth an ugly yellow colour.
(source: German Glamour March 2013)
What about you? Do you care for your teeth and how often a day did you wash them so far? Do you consider your teeth as part of your look or rather as a part of your health? Also feel free to share your dental hygiene techniques!