- Your hair only grows while you are sleeping
- When wet your hair is extremely sensitive
- Depending on your natural hair colour you can have about 150.000 hairs (blondes), 110.000 hairs (black-haired people), 100.000 hairs (brunettes) or 75.000 hairs (redheads)
- We lose 60–100 hairs a day
2. What you can do to protect your hair
- Let your hair dry in the air often
- When using a hair-dryer you can give your hair a shiny finish by leading the hair-dryer from the top of your head to the tips of your hair. This will close the hair structure.
- Use shampoos without silicone because it makes your hair limp. Names for silicone are Dimethiconol, Trideceth-12 or Hydroxypropyl or have the endings '-cone' or '-xane'. Natural cosmetics brands are always silicone-free.
- When straightening or curling your hair always use a heat protection
- If you have coloured hair use special shampoos to maintain your colour for a longer time
- If you have dry hair you should use conditioners regularly but if your hair tends to be greasy you should avoid them
- Use brushes with natural bristles
3. DIY hair care
- Honey-Egg mask for dry hair:
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons olive oil
Mix the ingredients and put the mask on your towel-dried hair. Rinse after 30 minutes.
- Moisturizing lemon-cream mask to make your hair shine:
4 tablespoons cream
3 teaspoons soy oil
Squeeze lemon and mix with remaining ingredients. Rinse after 30 minutes.
- Henna mask against split ends:
2-4 tablespoons of henna
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon avocado oil
Mix all the ingredients and massage into the hair. Let it soak in under heat for 30 minutes.
And now it's your turn to tell me if your liked this post, if you want more "How to treat..." posts and if you do, which part of the body I should write about next!