You don't have an amazing walk-in closet like Carrie Bradshaw does in the SATC movie? But you still have the feeling that you've collected just as many clothes over the years as she has? Well then you'll need to find an intelligent storing method in order not to forget about half the pieces in your closet. Now here are some tips that will help you keep the order in your wardrobe:
- Make separate piles for the different sorts of clothes (one for sleeveless shirts, one for long sleeved shirts, one for winter pullovers, one for shorts, one for full length pants,...).
- If your wardrobe is more colourful you could also sort your clothes by colours.
- If you should have problems with moths you should know that mothballs are quite chemical, better use stems of lavender in order to protect your clothes.
- In case you don't have that much space you should store the seasonal pieces in a store room or in nice boxes next to your wardrobe.
- Another possibility to add some space for your clothes is to buy a clothes rail: it doesn't take as much space in your room as an additional wardrobe and is also cheaper. Furthermore a clothes rail can be very decorative, just choose some clothes that match your wallpaper or hang up your most fancy pieces.
- If you really want to show off 1-3 pieces you could also buy some decorative hangers and just nail them to your wall.